Our current health care system is broken. Rising costs and insurance premiums are stopping families in our community from getting the care they need and harming the relationship between patients and their doctors.
Hispanics, and all Americans, deserve greater access to health care at a lower price that empowers them to choose the best option for their needs. Specifically, families should be able to:
● See the doctor of our choice, conveniently & affordably.
● Access the most appropriate treatments when we need them.
● Get the health insurance products that meet our needs at a fair price.
● Know the cost of care up front, before we pay for it.
● Protect the vulnerable by simplifying and modernizing the safety net.
A Personal Option for health care will allow families to achieve these goals and take control of their own health care decisions. A key component of the Personal Option plan is Health Savings Accounts, which are tax-free accounts offering discounts of 10-37 percent on every out-of-pocket health care purchase.
HSAs have been helping families for 20 years, but government restrictions are keeping them out of the hands of nearly 90% of Americans.
Let’s change that. Send a letter to your lawmaker today urging their support for HSAs and a Personal Option for health care!